Most of us experience back pain after a long and strenuous day at work. We usually ignore the pain or simply pop a pill. However, both the solutions will have an adverse effect on your health. A better option is to do Yoga exercises regularly for relieving the back pain. Yoga exercises can stretch out the muscles; thus, providing relief from pain. By and large, the muscles contract due to bad posture and treating them in the right manner is important.
Listed below are some of the main causes that lead to back pain:
- Overweight or underweight due to poor eating habits.
- Strain on the spine because of sitting on the work desk for long or prolonged stationary position.
- Bad posture while watching television or at the work place.
- Exposure to very cold areas.
Yoga is the easiest way to cure back pains as it can help you in developing strong and flexible muscles. Due to our sedentary lifestyle, most of our muscles are either weak or stiff. So, our focus should be on doing Yoga exercises that will stretch our muscles by increasing flexibility and strength. To begin with, you can join a Yoga class wherein you will be able to learn the basics of Yoga. The Yoga teacher will not only teach you the various asanas but will also guide you about the right way to meditate.
Here are some ways in which Yoga will help you to relieve back pain:
- It will strengthen your back muscles and make you more energetic.
- Stretching the muscles through Yoga exercises is the best way to make the stiff muscles moving.
- The asana will improve posture; thus, leading to relief in pain.
- As the flexibility of your entire body enhances, the pain in the back will automatically reduce.
- There will be an increase in the blood flow to the joints and muscles. This will allow the nutrients to flow in easily.
- It increases the flow of blood to the vertebrae and spinal muscles.
- The Yoga teacher will make your conscious of the consequences of bad posture and provide solutions for solving it.
Thus, by doing Yoga exercises daily you can make your body healthy and strong. Listed below are some of the Yoga Asanas that you could practice for curing back pain:
- Bhujanga Asana
- Dhanura Asana
- Salabha Asana
Don’t forget to consult your physician before you start doing the asanas. Ensure that you start with these asanas for a less amount of time and keep progressing as your body adjusts to it. Also, these exercises should not be performed hurriedly, but should be done slowly and patiently. Yoga is an art, and you need to learn it well so that it benefits your body and soul.
It is the finest way to make your body and soul healthy, so start doing Yoga exercises right away!